WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Celebrating the beginning of Fall Inspired by Blue and Green Hues For the Home


photo while boating in Sag Harbor this past summer 
Hello Fall, 
While Celebrating the 
The Hues of the Summer Season 
(Blues & Greens) 
Inspired Our New Textile Collection
I pulled color inspiration from my beach house
Enchanted collection by root cellar designs
I love this poem by author Robert Frost, and it captures the fleeting beauty in life and how precious are the things we value.  This brings me to the end of summer, and don't get me wrong, there is much to look forward to in the months ahead in Fall, then the busy holiday season before winter takes hold.  However, summer in the east coast is precious- like Frost's gold, we hold it in our hands delicately for a few short months.  I have come to appreciate all its glory.  Here's to the greens and blues of summer- the color combination is literally plucked from the earth and sky and sea, and it is a constant source of inspiration for us in our textile designing for root cellar designs, and with my design clients when choosing a color palette for their homes.  What better colors to keep summer close all year round. 
                   Nothing Gold Can Stay
Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.


Happy Nesting
XO Tamara