WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

The Premiere International Textile Show Heimtextil Returning this January 2024, and it's Bigger and Better!

All About the Heimtextil Show 
Coming This January 
in
Frankfurt, Germany 
check out their Heimtextil Video

For textiles lovers, Heimtextil is the trade show of all shows.  I attended a few years back and it was a whirlwind (in a good way) of inspiration, ideologies and sources. They hail visitors from all over the world- over 60 nations, and buyers from 130 countries. Today, I attended their Press Conference at the Haworth Showroom in New York City (lovely contract furniture showroom) where they offered a sneak-peek of what to expect at this year's show in Frankfurt...the trends, the newest technologies and even some new additions to the show (a complete new carpet section).

Firstly, they led with the ideology of sustainability and econogy (a new term for me) at the forefront of the show's focus.  I came away impressed with the moderne approach they are taking this year with continuing to emphasize artisanship but along with the latest technology to improve upon how we create, produce and live with textiles in more responsible ways.  Their new cross-trade sustainability strategy is fascinating. The two premises they covered that I enjoyed hearing about were how trends for 2024 are morphing into a bit more about how the textiles are made, creating them with a push to utilize natural colors & schemes as well as emphasize sustainability and to increasingly improve the way textiles are recycled and up-cycled (using other recycled materials to create textiles). So many interesting perspectives were touched on today, and will be elaborated and supported at the show including these new strategies to making textiles- plant-based materials, bio-engineering theories and new technologies. 

I have a personal interest in this show, and not just as the author of Nest by Tamara but also since textiles have been at the center of my world for the past nine years as the co-owner and textile designer of root cellar designs.  It's exciting to see our industry reaching and growing with all the issues facing our world today, and I hope to learn more in Frankfurt this January!
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara