WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

I love Lobster Motifs So I Made a Lobster Wallpaper & Fabric Pattern for Root Cellar Designs

for sourcing and more lobsters, 
check out my Lobster Pin Board
FOR THE LOVE OF 
LOBSTER MOTIFS IN DESIGN,
I HAD TO MAKE A LOBSTER PATTERN!

as you can imagine, my pool and garden 
in East Hampton, Long Island
have sprinkles of lobster motifs each summer


my antique lobster plate sourced from a Menemsha antique shop

We love to host friends at our beach home in East Hampton, and many guests have come to know how much I love iconic lobster motifs in design, on plates, in art and antiques. I love them adorned on my vintage dishes and accessories, and I enjoy them on both fashion and home.  Over the years, friends have gifted me little lobster objets as hostess gifts.  For our recent wedding anniversary we returned to Martha's Vineyard where we were married 30 years ago, to celebrate the wedding we had on this special island.  While in Menemsha, I picked up a gorgeous bowl in a tiny antique shop overlooking the harbor.  I was drawn to the large red lobster handle on top of the bowl.  I later found out it was the famous Wembley Ware from Perth, Australia, so my love for this ceramic began. Read my Wembley Ware Post here. 

Giving my love for Lobsters, it's no surprise that it was one of our first design patterns for our wallpaper and fabric collections at root cellar designs.  Check out my Lobster TikTok where I show how I created this pattern utilizing a combination of my hand made drawing with computer techniques to add the stripes (from our other pattern, coir) to the inside of the lobster sketch outline and then created this nuanced, textured lobster pattern. We then staggered the design and manufactured it in many colorways on both fabric for the home, and wallpaper designs. We sell our designs to the design trade and then they whip up these pretty designs in their client's homes- it's magical! Check out some of our creations created from our Lobster Stripe Pattern on wallpaper and fabric.
Our Lobster Stripe Tibo Red for 
design firm, Trellis Home
Lobster Stripe Lipstick belgian linen
on an antique
 chair in Maine
 by designer Kim Macumber
another by Kim Macumber in Cadet Peridot colorway
 in Linen Cotton pillows
yardage of it in our outdoor fabric PORCH in Pool color
we made up summer bags with rope drawstrings
to take to the beach 
in our outdoor Porch in colorway Cadet
Lobster Stripe wallpaper in Hermes
my pup Stella resting on Red Lobster Pillows
Lobster Stripe Indigo pillow on our crackle wallpaper 
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara
we do occasionally eat a little lobster in our home too (sorry, lobsters)