WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

With Summer On The Horizon- Six Of Our Favorite Sea-Inspired Fabric & Wallpaper Patterns


Over at root cellar designs,
We Love Summer, and 
Today We Share Our 
Six Most Popular  Sea-Inspired
Fabric Wallpaper Designs
East Hampton
Something about summer puts a spell on me.  It's the one season of the year my inner kid comes out to play. I love to take long walks on the beach, dangle my feet in the pool and run barefoot on the grass. It's no wonder then that as a textile designer my favorite patterns to create are those to use in a beach house. I love to decorate a beach cottage retreat- it's a place where the family often comes together to take a respite from the outside world.  So, with the eye towards summer, I'm sharing our six top sea-inspired designs in our collections.

1. PEARL SHELL
whether printed on our linen cotton, or luxurious Belgian linen or for a wallpaper design or grasscloth, Pearl Shell is one of my favorites.  One tiny little shell illustration in varying sizes
2. UNDERWATER 
fabric is made both tiny and large for a dramatic effect- these are a cornucopia of seashells, corals and sea fans within a bubble design

3. LOBSTER STRIPE
printed on both Fabric & Wallpaper.  I created this by drawing an outline of a lobster and filling it in with our coir fabric pattern for a fun textured repeated design

4. KEYS TO LIFE
in both fabric & wallpaper is a mixture of iconic nautical designs in a toile-like pattern.
6. SKOOL
our designer clients love our swimming school of fish printed on both fabric and wallpaper with little sprigs of coral throughout
7. VINTAGE MERMAID
channeling a hand block print pattern, Vintage Mermaid has hand painted goache inside each individual mermaid repeat making it a fun pattern for dinner napkins, table linens and upholstery

HAPPY NESTING
XO TAMARA