WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

TRAVEL REVIEW- The Hotel Amigo in Brussels, Belgium


Hotel Amigo in Brussels
Offers Belgian Charm 
With A Luxurious, Italian Twist

Just steps away from the historic Grand Place and tucked between beautiful cobblestone streets in Brussels is the Hotel Amigo.  The five-star hotel is part of several family-owned boutique hotels- the Rocco Forte Hotels. Built in 1957, it was created in the Spanish Renaissance style of architecture.  I was a guest of the hotel when invited to attend the annual BRAFA art show, an international art show bringing artists and collectors from around the world to Brussels.  I was given a rare behind-the-scenes glimpse of the hotel, private tours of their suites and hosted for a delicious dinner in their world-class restaurant following the opening of the art show.   
With an old world charm, yet modern day amenities, The Hotel Amigo was the perfect hotel for me to stay while in Brussels. The decoration is a mix of rich antiques and modern designs with many of the rooms decorated by renowned designer Olga Polizzi.  The staff was attentive making a point to give us detailed instructions on nearby restaurants and points of interest.  We couldn't resist the famous chocolate, lace and waffle shops which seemed around every corner, yet it was a nice treat to step back into the hotel after busy days to this relaxing, luxurious oasis. The hotel's Ristorante Bocconi offers delicious Italian and Belgian food, and they also serve an extensive breakfast each morning.

I was given a private tour of the Armand Blaton Suite- a stunning penthouse located on the top floor with breathtaking views and a large terrace overlooking the rooftops of the historic city. It is furnished with the family's private art and furniture collection, and boasting a large private kitchen and sitting room with wood floors and a fireplace. We stepped outside onto a gorgeous terrace, and it was truly spectacular!  Please check out my PIN BOARD from my travels to Brussels for more images. 
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara