WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Nest by Tamara's Top Tips for Easy Outdoor Entertaining over on Rohl's Auth Lux blog

Nest by Tamara's 
Top Summer Entertaining Tips
Sesame Noodle Recipe Share
With summer comes hosting friends and family,
and hopefully it will be somewhere outdoors -- under a pergola, on a terrace, on the beach, or even on a grassy knoll.  Take a look at my 
Top Ten Outdoor Entertaining Tips 
to help host a successful summer fete. 
I wrote this story for the Auth Lux site, Rohl's fabulous blog.  I hope you will take a visit over there to see what they have cooking up this summer.  Over here, I'm also sharing my favorite summer pasta dish, cold sesame noodles.  They go with every dish and best served cold.
Happy Nesting, 
Entertaining 
& Happy Summer!


  
all photos from parties I have hosted in East Hampton, Long Island
Tamara's Cold Sesame Noodles
This is a super simple asian noodle salad best when made a day in advance. Add the ingredients into a large bowl and mix, then whisk until well blended, then add the cooked, cooled noodles.  Toss the noodles in the sauce, taste, chill then taste again later and after tossing possibly add a bit more olive oil before serving. You can even make this the night before and serve it the next day.
Ingredients:
1 lb. cooked linguini  
2 finely chopped scallions cut into small ringlets 
2TBS sesame seeds 
1 TBS peanut butter 
1 TBS tahini, 
soy sauce to taste (about 1/2 cup)
2 TBS sesame oil 1/4 C olive oil 
splash of japanese sake 
a pinch of fine sugar 

This noodle recipe is a staple for summer parties, 
and travels well when taken to the beach!