WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

What We Love Today Column: Laura Loving Studio in New York City!


WHAT WE LOVE TODAY COLUMN:
Let's Celebrate The Studio 
of 
as she captures the Big Apple
in her beautiful art!
I first met Laura a few years ago when I hosted a luncheon in my home for several artists, designers and bloggers.  Her passion for art came through immediately when meeting her, and then I  fell in love with her paintings which are effervescent, fun, light-hearted and capture the essence and beauty of New York City perfectly well.  It is totally fitting that we should profile her here during the holiday season in New York, a time when the city shines like no other time of the year. 
Many people have iconic images in their head when thinking of New York, and especially during the holidays-- we often remember the skating in rockefeller center, and the beautifully decorated holiday windows on fifth avenue.  It feels like around every corner in the Big Apple something wonderful happens-- a beautiful moment of art, design, architecture, unique people (some eccentric), beautiful gardens (in central park). It's a crazy city (in a good way).  Laura's work encapsulates that love of New York with every brushstroke.  She has shown her work all over the world, and here in New York at Lincoln Center's Cork Gallery, Pratt Institute, LALIQUE, J.M. Weston, the New York Mercantile Exchange and Trunkt Gallery.  If you are not in the "Christmas Spirit" quite yet, after looking at these photos you will be certainly whipping up a mug of hot cocoa and turning up the holiday tunes.  Follow her blog for a fun, thought-provoking read!
"I exaggerate color and shape to create art that is humorous, alive and uplifting. The evolution of my style has its roots in American Folk and Pop Art." 
- Laura Loving
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara