WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Our Antique Adventures in Florence with Toma Clark Haines and Chiara Esposito


Meet The Fabulous Chiara 
of Esposito Galleria 
in Florence

I'm obsessed with flea markets, no matter
where in the world I am, I will always find one to wander around!"
- Chiara
I follow my true passion, inspired by my family's rich tradition in the antique business, I chose to embrace this heritage fully. With years of immersion in Italian antiques, I have honed my skills in sourcing and curating exquisite treasures from the 17th to 19th centuries. My antique shop’s inventory, handpicked mainly from private Italian homes, is as diverse as my clientele. My work is about more than preserving the past—it's about connecting collectors, designers, and dealers with authentic pieces that hold both beauty and value. My mission is to ensure that every piece I source enriches both the collections and lives of those who cherish timeless artistry as much as I do. Born in Naples, raised in Florence, Proudly Italian. - Chiara

While visiting Florence with my daughter this past week, we stole time away from our busy "wedding planning" activities to spend time with one of my favorite friends- Toma Clark Haines who is the owner and brains behind the Antiques Diva, an antiques sourcing and shopping service throughout the world.  Toma has experts in many cities throughout Europe who are ready and on-hand to bring you the insider scoop on shopping and sleuthing antiques.  

Meet Chiara Esposito who owns an antique shop and service in the antique and design district of Santo Spirito in Florence called Galleria Esposito.  This is one fabulous antique shop with unique pieces set in a dramatic space. Chiara is an expert in antiques with a plethora of knowledge and a passion for preservation to boot.  She offers a personalized service with exclusive access to hidden market gems, helping clients navigate the intricate antique market with confidence. In addition to all she does with her own clients, she also leads buying tours with the Antiques Diva throughout Florence and in Tuscany.  

See my tiktok with Chiara, Toma and Gabriella where we shared a a fun afternoon together in her lovely shop- Cin Cin!

Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara

Via Maggio, 82/R, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
reach out to Chiara if in Florence,
and the shop is open by reservation only
email, info@galleriaesposito.com
press, gaeantiques@gmail.com
Phone: +39 339 40 12 127
Instagram @gae_antiques
Gabriella on the Arno at sunset