WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Nest by Tamara's holiday post round up - ideas, inspiration and let's get busy this holiday season



Norman Rockwell's Thanksgiving feast

What design tips and inspiration 
can you glean from 
Nest by Tamara this holiday Season?
 In order to help make your life easier this busy time of year we bring you 
a round-up of the 12 days of Christmas ideas -- past, present and future posts.
We love the holiday season,
let the festivities begin:
Hoping our "best of" 12 Days of Christmas 
holiday posts will inspire you, 
offering helpful advice and inspiration this season...
my holiday table 2012
We have rounded up our stories offering useful information on subjects, such as;
holiday recipes, shopping sources, tabletop tips, glimpses of great holiday design.  These posts have graced our virtual pages during the holidays here on Nest by Tamara since 2008, so today we want to bring you the "best of" as well as offer sneak peeks of this month's editorial calendar -- we hope you bookmark these links, so with a click of your computer keys you have great ideas to add to your already stylish life and holiday season.   
12 days of Christmas
my Thanksgiving table 2011

1.  Add a little sparkle to your home 
using gold and silver add a little sparkle to your home and holiday table.  We share our own holiday table to illustrate easy DIY ways to bring a bit of glamour to your holiday. 


my French Onion soup shared

2. Our blogger friend's Holiday Recipe Sharing.
17 of my favorite bloggers offer up their best holiday recipe, from French Onion Soup to Christmas morning cinnamon orange-glazed rolls, 
check out these amazing dishes and recipes.
Lisa Porter's Orange Cinnamon glazed rolls -- read the post for the recipe!
3. Holiday party tip:  
using bar carts in small spaces
Whether it is a small dinner gathering, a cocktail party or large soiree 
we can benefit from versatile furniture in our homes.  

Christmas 2012 Bergdorf Goodman windows
 4.  Holiday window inspiration in the Big Apple
last year we captured the magic of the Bergdorf Goodman window in New York City to capture the "holiday spirit"

cookie party 2010
 5. Our neighborhood cookie sharing party 
in East Hampton is a wonderful tradition.  
If you feel inspired, create your own neighborhood tradition, so check out our post to get ideas, and please send me photographs.
6. The annual East Hampton Historic House tour 
This annual event kicks off our holiday season each year in the Hamptons as it takes place on Thanksgiving weekend.  The tour offers up some of the area's most unique and historic homes and some very modern homes as well to round out an eclectic array of architecture



7. A Velveeen Rabbit-inspired holiday tree 
I decorated this tree last year for the Bartow Pell Museum in the Bronx 
using the children's book Velveteen Rabbit as inspiration.  Check out the ideas that sparked the design of the tree plus I share my sources.  
The tree was in this historic museum in Pelham, New York.  



8. Holiday flower centerpiece ideas
Every now and then I share a little flower power with ideas for holiday flower arrangements.  My candy cane amaryllis arrangement was simple and easy to make in a vintage rectangle shaped McCoy pot.   I added white roses, candy cane striped amaryllis and sprigs of berry.  
What's coming this month?
9. A holiday book review series beginning next week
This year I will offer up a 7 posts for 7 books -- a week of holiday decorating book reviews - so, stop back next week.  Books to be included --
Aerin Lauder's Beauty at Home, Karen Lehrman Bloch's, The Inspired Home; Ros Byam Shaw's Decorating with Colour, Howard Slatkin's Fifth Avenue Style & more...
Aerin Lauder's Beauty at Home 
Howard Slatkin's Fifth Avenue Style
Karen Lehrman Bloch's The Inspired Home
and more...


10. How to set a pretty & unique holiday table
I have set many tables since I was a little girl, and sometimes the most interesting tables have a combination of high fashion, a little drama and simplicity.  
Check out some of our ideas. 
11. decorating tips for the holiday season
to create a festive environment 
without overwhelming your home

this mantel inspired me for the holiday decorating post,
image courtesy of Better Homes & Garden

 12. Take inspiration from 
Nest by Tamara's Holly Bough Pinterest board
 Because I personally get inspired by the gorgeous images and sources on Pinterest, I add to my Holly Bough Pinterest board every holiday season with sources, tips and ideas.  This year my holiday gift wrapping ideas of gold and natural elements will add to a simple holiday tree. I'l be working on a story before Christmas on gift wrapping, so check back. 
Happy Holiday season 2103
Please stop back early next week for the daily 
Holiday Book Review series mentioned above.
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara