WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

14 days of love for Valentine's Day: Day 5 bestow a handwritten poem to show your love

How about a good old fashioned
handwritten note with a
poem for your loved on?

If in the area, stop on over to my very favorite Italian paper store on Lexington Avenue and pick up a beautiful hand made note card at Il Papiro


this flame paper comes in many colors and note card versions

Il Papiro is on Lexington Avenue at 73rd Street in NYC
photograph credit:  http://mydogearedpages.com/
 
I love the custom wax seals at Il Papiro 

Over the years I have bought many paper items from this shop in a variety of their classic flame patterns - from napkin rings, note cards, hat and card boxes, pencils and even personalized wax seals.  Il Papiro is from Florence, Italy with locations throughout Italy and Europe.  The small Lexington Avenue shop feels as if walking back in time. With a plethora of beautiful hand made paper products, it's a perfect stop in to nab a card for your
handwritten Valentine love letter. 

Now for the poem - 

Here's a collection of poems by the
 Huffington Post: 10 top favorite love poems
just in time for Valentine's day.  
Not listed,  
but this is one of my very favorites
by Robert Frost:
To Earthward
Love at the lips was touch
As sweet as I could bear;
And once that seemed too much;
I lived on air

That crossed me from sweet things,
The flow of – was it musk
From hidden grapevine springs
Down hill at dusk?

I had the swirl and ache
From sprays of honeysuckle
That when they’re gathered shake
Dew on the knuckle.

I craved strong sweets, but those
Seemed strong when I was young;
The petal of the rose
It was that stung.

Now no joy but lacks salt
That is not dashed with pain
And weariness and fault;
I crave the stain

Of tears, the aftermark
Of almost too much love,
The sweet of bitter bark
And burning clove.

When stiff and sore and scarred
I take away my hand
From leaning on it hard
In grass and sand,

The hurt is not enough:
I long for weight and strength
To feel the earth as rough
To all my length.
by Robert Frost