WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Design finds in the coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine

nest by tamara, nesting, interior design, new york city, house and garden
design inspiration from the rocky coast of Maine
Without sounding like I work for the tourism board of the state, 
Maine is a quintessentially American place. 
You eat delicious lobster rolls, troll the beach for shells, 
take in beautiful unfiltered landscapes.  
To me, Maine is like Vermont but with the ocean thrown 
in for good measure.  
there are rolling hills,  set against blueberry patches. 
There is always the chance one may spot a Moose - 
this put my son over the moon.  
Maine  possibly has the coldest ocean water ever, 
but it's all beautiful!    




I had to check out the local architecture.  
Just like our trip to Martha's Vineyard this summer, 
the homes in Maine speak to my heart -- 
simple, classic with Federal roots.  
I love how well edited the structures are, 
pristine against a little patina (those aged pots are to die for) 
just the right symmetry, and of course the pop of color, but not too much.  
nesting, nest by tamara, new york city, interior design, house and garden
My family has gotten used to me taking them on design jaunts while traveling, and they obliged so we stopped into a few small shops in Kennebunkport.
we found a hidden garden and popped into a small curio shop snapping up a shot of antique bottles
We heard about a well known design center, 
a mix of antiques and modern collections 
with furniture and accessories, 
fabric, rugs.  We ran over to 
Antiques on Nine in Kennebunkport
nesting, nest by tamara, new york city, interior design, house and garden
first we were lured by the lovely outdoor antique urns, 
gargoyles and garden accoutrements outside the shop
nesting, nest by tamara, interior design, new york city, house and garden
the prices were quite reasonable as well
Antiques on nine  
is an expansive 12,000 sq foot one stop design centre 
offering much from outdoor garden gnomes 
to custom furniture and rugs  
The store is filled with English and French American  
and unique lighting and accessories 
on the coast of Maine. 
Owner  Beverly Bangs (hails from Atlanta, Georgia) brings her stylish eye to curate the shop well with a mixture of high-end European and American antiques to local Maine wares. 



nesting, nest by tamara, new york city, interior design, house and garden



charming antique garden gnomes 
nesting, nest by tamara, new york city, interior design, house and garden
 a little style spotting:  
I noticed my friend Annie Selke's tote bags, 
as well as her full line of Pine Cone Hill 
bedding and rug collections available at the shop.  
antique vases, painted tin; 
appliques lobsters on linen pillows, 
porcelain and pottery

Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara