WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Please join me for the Fifth Annual What's New What's Next in New York City's 200 Lexington Avenue on Thursday, September 19


Please join me 
to celebrate the fifth annual
What's New What's Next
rsvp here
Thanks to NYDC for inviting me to be a Design Ambassador & Tastemaker 
for WNWN which brings consumers, designers and brands together for a special afternoon of networking, sourcing and lots of design fun.  

I have been a part of this annual event for five years now and it just gets better and better.  This year, my job is to make this event more accessible to all of you by pinning some of my favorite finds.  We Ambassadors are pinning our favorite products from both Dering Hall and various NYDC showrooms at 200 Lexington Avenue.  Join us as we go from floor to floor on September 19th to see new product launches, share cocktails and hear from talents in the industry about what's new in design.  Also, please check ouNYDC's What's Pinteresting board
 So, without further ado, here is my collage board of design finds I love.   
After a beautiful summer spent by the ocean and in the countryside, and an eventful late August dropping my daughter off at her first days as a Freshman at Cornell University, I have been inundated with natural beauty -- 
waterfalls, 
gorges, 
the ocean, 
birds, 
seashells....
It seems everywhere I look lately, the design world 
is just as enraptured with nature and our collective love for for all of it.
Our passion for keeping nature close and in our homes is certainly not new but there seems to be a recent rekindled fascination
for all things natural.
Take a look...
check out my nature-inspired 
Pinterest board
and, check out @NYDC's 
Pinterest board 
with all of our collages together
and see what trends, colors and styles I
 think are new and next in design.
Happy Nesting XO