WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

January 2015 marks the 20th year anniversary for the French design show Maison & Objet in Paris!

This January marks the 20th anniversary for
Maison & Objet~the innovative interior design 
show in Paris! 
Maison & Objet
January 23-27, 2015

Penning a blog has its advantages, and it is a rewarding and educational experience.  I am happy to have been sponsored to travel and then write about design events around the world, and these experiences allow me to keep my finger on the pulse of all that is innovative and fresh in design.  In a couple of weeks I'm heading to Maison & Objet in Paris, and I have always hoped to put it on my calendar.  With venues in Paris and now Asia and Miami, this is the premiere design show of all shows.  Since 1995 they have brought twice yearly shows profiling innovative and unique design.  All of this creative inspiration now boasts over 3,000 exhibitors and 80,000 professionals annually hailing from the design and home industry all over the world.  
Check out the Maison & Objet video.
tabletop items from French company Gien
In addition to visiting some of my favorite, familiar brands such as Calvin Klein Home, Gien, Vaughan, Arteriors and Canvas, here are samples of the wares I plan to cover.
FURNITURE
English company Another Country
makes contemporary craft furniture
Danish company AddInterior 
showing Scandinavian design 
Spanish company Antelore's 
warm furniture and accessories
TEXTILES
Turkish textiles of Barine
 towel of JOHANNE originally 
used in oriental steam baths.
French towels from Charvet
beautiful linens from Italian Il Fabbrica del Lino
LIGHTING
Greek lighting from Caleche
 
colorful glass pendants from 
UK's Curiousa & Curiousa
TABLETOP & KITCHEN
French manufacturer Cristallerie De Montbonn's 
dining table and decorative items.
Antoine restaurant photo via Time Out
Of course there will be time to celebrate with friends, taste delicious French food and see Parisian sites.  I will be certain to tab Time Out's Top Favorite Parisian restaurants.
Stay tuned for more about my experience while traveling in France and my favorite finds soon.
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara