WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Cheers to the Design Bloggers Conference March 5-7, 2017!


Great Ideas Blossom at the Annual 
March 5-7, 2017 
Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles
 bonding at the first Design Bloggers Conference, 2011
(I'm still friends with these folks)

almost 10 years of writing Nest by Tamara
In 2011, I posted a story upon my return from the first conference.  Much of what I gleaned from that experience still rings true for me today.  The 2017 Conference is about to unfold in Los Angeles, California this weekend. This year I was invited to become one of a select group to advise the Design Blogger board to orchestrate the conference.  We brainstormed on ideas, panelists and concepts, and I am happy to be a part of this productive collaboration.   Unfortunately, I will not be there because of a work conflict, but I wish all attendees an inspiring experience! Congratulations and many well wishes to Adam Japko who started this journey in 2011.  I am raising my glass of wine to you all-- cheers!

I am grateful to have been included and name in this list


With my 10 year blog anniversary on the horizon in 2018, it is a good time to re-evaluate what writing this blog has done for me personally, as well as a professional platform for me and my business. I am sharing a bit of that with you today...maybe you've recently launched a blog, and if so, I hope this information is helpful. 

 I have been sponsored to travel to many locations throughout Europe and the United States to write about stellar design, and I've been hired to speak on panel discussions, host events, and write columns for magazines and blogs.  I know this experience has helped me in numerous ways I cannot measure.  Because my blog has a personal, philosophical bent, it archives the best experiences I have had over the last decade.   Additionally, I have been featured in national and local magazines, as well as many other online platforms.  The blog has grown, and about five years ago, I added a monthly column called Why In Design where I uncover relevant historical information about a design idea or icon.  I host a summer column at my beach cottage in East Hampton offering entertaining tips called, Under The Pergola.  And, now I write travel and fashion columns with two different editors contributing as well. I've been named by many as a top industry design and lifestyle blog and designer, and I am grateful for all of it!
root cellar designs' flutter Ken Kehoe in Houston Texas
In 2015, I launched fabric and wallpaper company, root cellar designs with long-time friend, designer Susan Young.  In just under two years, we have created a prospering business with our products available and selling in showrooms around the country.  We are grateful to have been profiled in many of the top, national shelter magazines, and as a result our name and brand is growing.   I am certain authoring the blog has been instrumental in our early success at root cellar designs, but also to me as a designer and brand ambassador in the industry.  I continue to write and post every few days, and as we all know, it is hard work, but to me, it has been well worth it. 
Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara

Nest by Tamara's Why In Design Column


photo, left-- Under The Pergola column in summer
right-- my kids cooked a nine course dinner for our 18th year wedding anniversary in June, 2011.