WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Just a Beautiful Door Post to Pass the Time This Winter

 The Beautiful Doors of the World

perhaps if we are to get poetic, the door is the window into the soul of the home.  I am kinda obsessed with doors, and everywhere I travel (well, I used to travel before the pandemic now I just scroll on Pinterest and Tiktok), I take out my camera and take shots of the doors.  It's just something I'm fascinated with.  This winter has been quite cold and dreary, so today I'm hoping to fill your feed with beautiful doors, beautiful souls. Some of these I took myself- like the door of the former literary queen, Edith Wharton's home while she lived in Paris, but other's I've just picked up in my travels.  Check out my Door Pin board, and stay inspired! 

Happy Nesting, XO Tamara

a gorgeous barn door by designer Steven Gambrel
and another from designer Miles Redd
after a red door, my second favorite is a black door like this one in Dublin
up close with a door knocker while visiting this Venetian Palace lunch at a Contessa's villa
An English cottage with a sunshine yellow door
My own beach house door in East Hampton 
(red brings good energy)
who doesn't love a lacquered door?
this looks somewhere exotic and the tile work is divine!
my photo of Edith Wharton's home in paris
that color- I'd love to come home to this everyday!