WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Fall Market design spotting: the D&D Building NYC with Bunny William's Bee Line

Just In Time for 
Fall Market in NYC
Bunny William's Bee Line Collection
finds a home in the John Rosselli Showroom
at the D&D building
Bunny Williams
I have loved Bunny Williams since 1990 when I first  attended Parsons School of Design.  Okay, I realize I just totally dated myself, but you can see how long I have admired both Bunny and her talented husband John Rosselli.  They make quite a stylish duo.  Back in the days when I only longed to be a designer I would hang around Treillage's shop close to the East River then head over to John's lighting store chock-filled with antique beauties.  I started freelancing for other designers while in school, and even after all the classes where I learned about decades of decorative arts, the best way to become adept at understanding them in the context of today's homes is to troll shops like these.  Each year I waited patiently for John's annual sample sale he held in his warehouse in Harlem.  It was here that I was able to afford the chandeliers, lighting and accessories on a student's budget. 
Before Bunny was a household name to design bloggers, I have been a fan.  Bunny was one of the first designers to take  items with patina and mix it together with high end wares, while bringing garden and outdoor aesthetics indoors, and together intermingling it to create beautiful rooms.  This look is well curated and although with lots of detail, it is also well edited.  Of course it's fabulous Bunny took this very high-end aesthetic to now create more affordable pieces with her Bee Line Collection.  While at her spring pop up shop I had the opportunity to spend time with her, hear her design philosophy about the value and quality yet affordability and accessibility of Bee Line.  She keeps costs down by creating each piece in one finish and keeping items in stock. It is only fitting that Bee Line finds a home over in the D&D building alongside her husband's beautiful wares in the John Rosselli showroom at the top of the building.  You enter the roomy showroom now greeted by the cheerful Bee Line collection.  It's fabulous to see all the items together, creating a beautiful story.  I'm especially fond of her table lamps, mirrors and side tables. Just check out the small details she places on each and every item.

close up shots of Bee Line details...

walk a little towards the back of the John Rosselli showroom to find incredible, eclectic lighting, furniture and fabrics
I'm currently scheming to use this fabric on my very next project - it's incredibly beautiful, simple and in long panels divine!
I'm leaving tomorrow for Highpoint Fall Market in North Carolina.  
Please stop back for my design spotting following this exciting trip.  
Pearson Furniture and Hickory Chair are sponsoring my trip, 
so I'll come back loaded up with lots of fodder about furniture and fabric finds.  
Stop back for a full story about Pearson Furniture and their focus
Happy Nesting xo