WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Tamara's Mandarin Mojito cocktail recipe share

Happy Spring, 
and with winter behind us, let's rejoice! 
It's a pleasure to share with you my
muddled citrus cocktail recipe.
It's that time of year, when we start to invite friends and family over to share in a festive meal and cocktails.  I'm happy to be collaborating with three other bloggers (Jaclyn Johnson from SomeNotesOnNapkins, Justin Livington from Scout Sixteen and Courtney Dolloff Eliseo from Design Love Work) to co-create the ultimate customized event, a Meetings Imagined Experience  this week at the Atlanta Marriott. 

Stop back for more details, but in a nutshell, together with the Marriott and new company Kenectit, we will wield our entertaining and stylizing skills, adding to this event's fun and festive plans. Today, I am sharing with you my spring/summer favorite cocktail recipe, which was featured in Traditional Home magazine's Great Kitchens issue last summer (on page 64, along with my Fourth of July dinner party in the Hamptons), but I recently tweaked my Mojito recipe by adding fresh Mandarin juice.  All three of us bloggers will introduce our very own signature cocktail to over 100 entrepreneurs who meet up in Atlanta for an educational and networking event.  As you plan this season's entertaining, I hope you will try out my recipe.
check out the entertaining board I created for Meetings Imagined on Pinterest for helpful entertaining tips and inspiration! 

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara
the combination of the tart lime, fresh mint and sweeter mandarin make this muddled cocktail one of my most favorite this time of year.  
Tamara's Mandarin Mojito 
Imagined Cocktail
*To make the simple syrup, bring water and sugar to boil in saucepan, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Pour into bowl. Cool.  For each cocktail, coat the rim of a glass with rimming sugar. In the bottom of the glass muddle simple syrup and the mint leaves. Squeeze wedges from the lime and Mandarin into the glass, saving one wedge of each aside for a moment, then put in the glass with the juice and mint. Add crushed ice to the glass. Add rum and top with club soda; stir. Makes 1 cocktail.
ingredients:
Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1-1/2 cups sugar
Rimming sugar or cocktail sugar
2 teaspoons simple syrup
4 fresh mint leaves
½ lime cut into wedges
½ mandarin cut into wedges
a small wedge of mandarin
a small wedge of lime
Crushed ice
2 ounces Anejo Caribbean rum
Club soda
photo credit:  tamara stephenson while in Italy
 #TravelBrilliantly
 @marriott @altmarriottmarq  
please follow the conversation on Twitter!
bringing out of the archives
 these other recipes from my
the Great Kitchens issue on page 64