WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

A sunny, bright and natural spring with lights inspired by poet Walt Whitman for Troy Lighting

Let's make it light and bright, 
bringing it back to nature this spring 
with fresh lighting options.  
I am over the moon about the nature-inspired Whitman collection, which focuses on poet Walt Whitman's appreciation and fascination with the outdoors.  One of America's most beloved writers, Whitman espoused his passion for the natural world, and Troy lighting utilizes that inspiration when they created the Whitman Collection.  
I've written before about the ongoing trend in the design world to bring the outdoor influences into the home with nature-inspired pieces and blending garden and outdoor aesthetics inside the home. You may remember Larger than Light magazine asked my advice on some of my favorite lighting trends, and I rang the praise for these fabulous indoor/outdoor Nantucket sconces from Troy.  I recently specified a pair for a client to hang over their indoor fireplace.  The rustic charm of using outdoor lighting in the home is one of my favorites, and the Nantucket sconces feel perfectly nautical, Yankee and the patina finish gives them an aged feel to boot.  
Troy's Whitman lighting collection takes that idea and runs with it.  Inspired by the branches of trees and nature, the light fixtures make beautiful statement pieces in the right setting. Check out the design inspiration taken from Walt Whitman in the 
The collection is a modern take on the outdoors with graceful, curvy branches which are hand-forged from wrought iron and created in a lovely bronze finish.  They offer pendants, sconces 
and a vanity pieces as well.
Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara