WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

My Favorite Farm Stand in the Hamptons-- Balsam Farms in Amagansett

 
Under The Pergola Column:
Food As Art Over at 
Balsam Farms in Amagansett
Balsam Farm Stand
293 Town Lane
Amagansett, New York 11930
One of the aspects to living in East Hampton that I love very much is the dedication to the local farmers.  The farming and agriculture industry has waned from the original farm land that helped to create what we call "the Hamptons", but in recent years there has been a resurgence and commitment by many to support special farms and growers, and now they are prospering.  I would rather shop at these stands (even as many note it can be pricey) during summer because it is worth it to me to support these efforts, plus there is nothing quite like biting into a locally grown Long Island peach.  I do not do all my shopping at these stands but when it's speciality foods, vegetables and fruits we go local all summer long.

We pop into Balsam Farm regularly to pick up their fresh made mozzarella, their pickled beets, fresh flowers and vegetables.  Even with all the farms out here in the East End, to us, Balsam Farms is special.  We find their products on Saturdays at the Springs Farmer's Market where they have a large stand in the back, but their permanent Farm Stand in Amagansett is fantastic and offers a wide range of wares from canned foods to fresh flowers, vegetables and fruit. I find their products very fresh, and they also carry some of our other locally-grown and locally-made brands like Carissa breads (next to Soul Cycle in the back parking lot behind Newtown Lane in East Hampton).

A little bit about them:
Alex Balsam started the farm in 2003, and today has 90 acres, two greenhouses, a barn, a plethora of tractors and a skilled farm and field crew.  

Congratulations to Balsam Farms for keeping us healthy and happy and offering us amazing products from the soil of this very special place in Long Island. I took these photographs which capture the special way the Farm showcases these beauties!


 Happy Nesting
XO Tamara
+please note-- all photos in the post were taken by Tamara Stephenson's phone with Portrait setting with the exception of the farm stand schedule and the pickles, which are courtesy of Balsam Farms.