WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Summer 2021's Favorite Pool Floats

NEST BY TAMARA's 
TOP FIVE FAVORITE
BLOW UP POOL FLOATS 

Summer 2021 is off to a great start on the East End of Long Island.  Since May, we have tried and tested a variety of blow up pool floats to share with our readers.  For our own home, we settled on the Balloon Dog in red to add a little punch of color to our East Hampton pool.  Check out my Swimming Pool pin board.  Since the deer eat all our potted flowers (sadly) we wanted something fun and whimsical.  Each year it seems there's the favorite pool toy of the moment.  Last year we chose a white unicorn, the year before a black swan, before that a golden swan, red lobsters...the pool float list goes on and on.  

This year, we chose the Balloon Dog.  Soho artist Jeff Koons brought the animal balloons back into favor in the 1990s with his infamous art and sculptures.  Now seen on everything from paper weights to sculptures, the balloon animal design feels familiar to many of us, nostalgic somehow possibly taking us back to our childhood birthday celebrations. Koons himself once described his balloon dog sculptures, this way...

"symbol of us, 
and the way the balloon dog references 
the act of inhaling and exhaling 
is deeply symbolic of the human condition" 
-Jeff Koons

1. Red Balloon Dog by BigMouth
Well, since the deer have demolished all my flowering hydrangeas and potted plants the past few years, my pool float brings a lot of color to my yard.  I love my simple, blue stone coping (with grass right up to the pool) and with no deck, and not much else but pool water and greenery, we need this fun, whimsical and colorful pool float.  We just love this in red! 


2. by FunBoy Amalfi-Style Citrus float
straight out the Amalfi coast, lemon feels.  
50" oversized cool float

3. Go over the top in color and a bargain at 34.99 by H20go with the POP Ostrich 


4. For the Canadian bird lovers,
 this black and white Loon float is charming and unique.

5. If you're going for dramatic,
 try this large, white angel wings.

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara