WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Countdown to Christmas: Day 18 - Get in the Christmas Spirit - make a cup of hot cocoa for someone you love...

get in the "Christmas Spirit"
by doing something sweet for someone you love. 

It took me awhile with the frenetic pace of running here and there, shopping, wrapping and entertaining to get that warm, happy feeling that comes over us during the holiday season, a feeling many call the "Christmas Spirit".  This sense of community and giving to those we love can often get lost in the busy schedule of the season, but sometimes it hits us unexpectedly.  It came upon me today while I made Miles a cup of homemade Hot Chocolate and served it to him while he watched a movie on the sofa (the fireplace roared beside him).  Don't you just love to see your family, friends and community happy?
To me, that's what Christmas is all about. 

Tyler Florence's recipe is close enough to the one I whip up for my kids.  Please note we are not marshmallow fans, therefore I replace with fresh whipped cream on top (as can be noted by my photograph).  However, I do like how Tyler offers up a homemade marshmallow recipe if you are ambitious.  In addition, I add a little vanilla to my mix, but otherwise it's a very similar recipe. 


Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara