WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Countdown to Christmas Day 2 monochromatic pots to add a neutral base to your Holiday Decor

Day 2
Nest by Tamara's Christmas Countdown -- daily nesting tips:

Try a monochromatic color palette
 for a neutral base against all the holiday decorations:



I love using small green trees or cut boxwood or holly in pots on my fireplace mantel or on a table for an edited, maintenance-free look
I collect antique McCoy pottery in all white and this above photograph from Pinterest illustrates how festive this look would be with my pottery. 
If you don't have any all white pots, try using any collection you have in one material -- pine boxes, moss-covered clay pots, silver cups, one color tea cups, even small white metal pails
(I picked up some pretty blue metal pails this summer from Target and used them as table decor for my outdoor table and filled them with cut white hydrangeas) and add greenery and cluster together somewhere special -- a focal point in your home. 
You will be amazed at the results - enjoy!