WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Countown to Christmas Day 5: a simple tree decorating tip

photographs by Gabby Stephenson
try to re-create a snowy day on your tree



 Let me share my family's fun tradition:  
we decorate our tree with Baby's Breath dried flowers as a finishing touch for a snowy feel. 
Do you know Baby's Breath? 
it's that puffy white sprig of a flower, seems dried but nobody knows for certain.  It has never been my favorite addition to floral arrangements, but I truly love the snowy effect it gives to my Christmas tree.  Since I was very little our family has collected large bundles of Baby's Breath during the Holidays.  Pull it apart into small clusters and simply put it evenly throughout the tree. It creates a beautiful snowy touch.

push little sprigs of Baby's Breath
throughout your tree, and their stems will hold them in place